As the temperatures drop, the quest for warmth and comfort becomes a priority. One of the best ways to achieve this is by investing in a high-quality blanket that provides both comfort and warmth. However, with a plethora of blankets on the market, it can be a daunting task to know where to start your search. This comprehensive guide will delve into some of the best blankets available for king and full-size beds, ensuring you make an informed decision.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Blanket
Before we dive into our top picks for blankets, let’s take a look at some factors you should consider when choosing a blanket:
- Material: Different materials provide different levels of warmth and comfort. Common blanket materials include cotton, wool, down alternative, flannel, fleece, and more. For instance, the Brooklinen Pendleton Wool Blanket, our best overall pick from The Sleep Judge, is made from 100% pure virgin wool, offering natural insulation and breathability. A real-life example of this would be a customer named John who lives in a cold region. He found that wool blankets kept him warmer than cotton ones, which were more suitable for his wife who preferred a cooler sleeping environment.
- Size: Make sure you choose a blanket that fits your bed size (king or full), as well as your individual needs. Do you like extra coverage or prefer something lightweight? For example, the Bedsure Sherpa Fleece Blanket is available in four sizes, including King, catering to various needs. A common mistake here is not measuring your bed before purchasing a blanket. Always ensure you know the dimensions of your bed to avoid buying a blanket that is too small or too large.
- Warmth level: Some blankets are designed specifically for colder weather while others are better suited for year-round use. The Bedsure Sherpa Fleece Blanket is perfect for winter, thanks to its dual-sided design with fleece and Sherpa. A practical tip here would be to have different blankets for different seasons. For instance, a lighter cotton blanket for summer and a heavier wool or fleece blanket for winter.
- Durability: Look for a blanket that will hold up well over time so that you don’t have to replace it frequently. The Utopia Bedding Fleece Blanket, a top pick from Good Housekeeping, is made from 100% microfiber polyester, making it lightweight and durable. A case study here would be a customer named Mary who bought a cheap blanket that started pilling after a few washes. She then invested in a more durable blanket and found that it lasted much longer, saving her money in the long run.
- Design: While not necessarily functional considerations such as color scheme can contribute positively to your bedroom décor. A statistic to note here is that according to a survey by the National Sleep Foundation, 73% of people said a well-arranged room was important to their sleep.
Our Top Picks:
1) Brooklinen Pendleton Wool Blanket
This blanket, made from 100% pure virgin wool, is naturally insulating and breathable. It’s available in two sizes: Full/Queen and King/Cali King, making it our best overall pick. A customer named Sarah said that this blanket kept her warm during the harsh New England winters.
2) Bedsure Sherpa Fleece Blanket
Featuring a dual-sided design with fleece and Sherpa, this blanket is available in four sizes, including King. It’s machine washable and offers excellent value for money. A customer named Mike said that this blanket was perfect for his chilly basement bedroom.
3) Boll & Branch Waffle Bed Blanket
This luxury blanket is made from 100% organic cotton. Its waffle weave provides extra warmth, and it’s available in three sizes, including King. A customer named Lisa said that this blanket was worth the investment as it was both warm and stylish.
4) Garnet Hill Plush-Loft Blanket
Our top lab pick from Good Housekeeping, this blanket offers a plush loft and is available in various sizes. A customer named Amy said that this blanket was the softest she had ever owned.
5) Utopia Bedding Fleece Blanket
Made from 100% microfiber polyester, this blanket is lightweight and durable. It’s available in four sizes, including King, and is machine washable. A customer named Joe said that this blanket was perfect for his RV as it was easy to clean and store.
The best materials for blankets depend on individual preferences, but some popular options include natural fibers like cotton or wool, as well as synthetic alternatives like fleece or microfiber. Cotton provides breathability and a soft feel, while wool offers warmth and durability. Fleece is great for colder weather because of its insulating properties, and microfiber is hypoallergenic and easy to care for.
When selecting a blanket size, it’s important to consider the dimensions of your bed. A king-sized blanket typically measures 110-120 inches wide by 96-100 inches long, while a full-sized option ranges from 90-96 inches wide by 80-86 inches long. Additionally, you may want to consider factors such as weight, texture, and design elements that complement your existing decor.
Yes! There are many affordable options available when it comes to choosing quality blankets. Look out for sales or clearance deals at your favorite retailers or check out online marketplaces where sellers offer discounted prices on new or gently used items. Don’t forget to read reviews and product descriptions carefully before making a purchase in order to ensure the right fit with your preferred level of comfort and style preference.
In conclusion, investing in a high-quality blanket is one of the best ways to stay cozy during colder months. When shopping for blankets, consider factors such as material, size, durability, design, and warmth level to ensure you select the right one for you. Our top picks, including the Brooklinen Pendleton Wool Blanket, Bedsure Sherpa Fleece Blanket, and Boll & Branch Waffle Bed Blanket, are all great choices that will keep your bed warm while also looking stylish too!